Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day Two and Three of Maui

Day Two:

Sorry for not posting yesterday. It was a long long day as you will very soon find out.

My day started at 6am, don't judge me ;] I am an early riser to begin with and being that I am still on pre-daylight savings California time it doesn't help me too much(that means my mind is three hours too earlier than Maui time. It worked to my benefit because I got to watch the beautiful view of the sun rising over the harbor. TJ woke up not too much later and sat out on the lanai with me. Here are a couple shots (again most of these are with my phone).






After everyone was up and ready for the day we headed out to Lahaina to do some shopping and ended up in a 90 minute timeshare pitch to get discounts on all of the activities that we want to do (horseback riding, luau, surfing lessons, dinner cruise, snorkeling/snuba and ziplining). Boy was that interesting. The sales guy was pretty cocky but I suppose that is pretty normal for people in the sales industry. We got out of there just in time for our marriage license appointment down in Kihei. We paid our fees and signed away...here is the proof...in less than 12 hours it will be finalized.

 
 After that was said and done we headed back up to Lahaina and walked down Front Street. Lots of little shops with a whole varity of odds and ends. We purchased some things. Our favorite being our newest friend Tuli. Tuli was hand carved by a man named Tuli, who is a Hawaiian native. He is absolutely incredible and if funds would have permitted we would probably be returning home with a 5' tall - $4,000+ carving. Meet Tuli; he stands about 24" tall and is absolutely amazing. He is also personalized for us.











Day Three:

Today we woke up early to go horseback riding at Mendes Ranch. It was a lot of fun and the scenery and views were nothing short of amazing. It was a 2.5 hour trail ride up to a very neat lookout where there are two waterfalls and then down to an ocean front view of a cave where sharks migrate to (atleast that is what the wrangler said...I sure wasn't willing to dive in to check it out). Here are some pictures from our adventure.



  

Regular everyday Maui spider
 

After horseback riding TJ and Matt went golfing and Jessica and I went and got manicures and pedicures. It was definitely relaxing following the long trail ride. 

We also picked up my flower bouquet for tomorrow which I really love. Here is a sneak peek for those of you following me. :]



Here is our schedule:
Tomorrow 11/5 - Getting Married, couples cabana massages and Luau
Friday 11/6 - TJ and Jessica are taking surfing lessons. I am sunbathing and Matt is taking pictures, lol!
Saturday 11/7 -  Snorkel / Snuba adventure
Sunday 11/8 - Dinner Cruise out of Ma'alaea Harbor
Monday 11/9 - Ziplining
Tuesday 11/10 - Flying home, driving to Sacramento to get our boys
Wednesday 11/11 - Relax in Sacramento and hang out with our puppys.
Thursday 11/12 - Back to work for me

Phew! I better hit the pillow because 5:30 am (it's 11pm right now) is going to get here very very quickly.

Until next time...Mahalo!
Ash

2 comments:

The Spencers said...

So excited for you!!! In just a few hours you will be Mrs. Shively!! Congrats, love!!!

Unknown said...

WOW the photos are amazing, and your bouquet came out wonderfully! I absolutely love it!
How does it feel to be a married women now?? Ahh I cannot wait to see all of the photos Jessica took!
Misha