Monday, November 2, 2009

Day One of Maui

I apologize in advance if this post doesn't make too much sense or if it is short. The past couple days have been so long and hectic so I'm running on extremely low on fumes.

This morning, around 5am, Jessica & Matt showed up at our apartment ready to start our 9 day Maui adventure and after a long 7+ hours of traveling we are here in Maui. YAY! It hadn't really hit TJ or I that we would be here and we really weren't sure what to expect and to be honest it really hasn't even sunk in for me.

We arrived at our condo around 3:30-4 and it by far exceeds my expectations. The view from the lanai (patio) is absolutely amazing. The palm trees, open water and view in the distance of Kihei/Wailea is just beautiful. This picture is from my phone and was taken from the lanai.






After taking in the views we turned in to the bedrooms to get our personal belongings situated and to get ready for a trip to Wailea for dinner. I took this picture, again with my cell phone, of our master bedroom that overlooks the ocean as well. I think we will sleep with the windows open so we can take in the sounds of Maui, mostly the waves crashing into the shoreline.





Before dinner we headed down to find the beach that we chose for our ceremony. It took a couple trial and error turn offs but we definitely located the right turn off. It was sprinkling outside but it definitely didn't take away from the beauty of the beach. I, yet again, snapped a photo with my phone so I could share.




After we stopped there we headed back up to Wailea to get dinner at Tommy Bahama and do a little shopping. Dinner was really good. We shared a basket of fries (yes, slightly out of my diet ;] ), TJ had something fish, I had a goat cheese quesadilla, Jessica had some spaghetti and Matt had a goat cheese quesadilla as well. We were all quite impressed with the food and I wouldn't be surprised if we go there again.

Tomorrow we don't really have anything planned. We have an appointment at 2:30 to get our marriage license but that is all that we have on our schedule. I think we will enjoy the beach and relax for a day because after today we are all pretty beat.

I will try my hardest to update again tomorrow sometime.
xoxo
Ashley

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Thanks Ashley! Sounds (and looks) lovely.

Unknown said...

Well I think I know where I would like to go on vacation thats for sure! Have an amazing time! I have to be honest I am slightly lost without talking to you for the past 3 days...I know you are having a blast! Can't wait for more updates and photos!
Misha